Monday, June 27, 2011

Rik & His early morning Ha Ha doodle-doo medley "everybody's talkin' / gentle on my mind"

"Grandpa Rik?What's a 'Ha Ha?" Well, gather round, you kids. That was, you see, my name for the first guitar I ever saw, probably on Gene Autry or Roy Rogers TV shows. I was I guess 3 or 4" And my folks, mom & dad, my grandparents, and so on... they got such a laugh. Ha ha, Ricky calls a guitar a Ha Ha. So I guess it sort of a family joke.
This post is only intended as a temporary one, with the impromptu doodling, and checking out how it might sound using the recording equipment. But if you was to happen to play along and want to comment and add some words, pass 'em on, okay? The photo is a grandpa pic, May, 2001, Karen & my visit to Maine, visiting Amy & the kids. Me oh my, how they have grown. And I probably look different, too, come to think of it. 2nd thought, I'd rather not! Credits to Fred Neil and John Hartford are referred to in the recording as to the songs' writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment